2017 Heroes Summer Academy
St. Mark Heroes Summer Academy
“Building a Better World”
June 19 - August 3
What you can look forward to:
● Interactive learning centers engaged in student-driven academic enrichment choices arts, science experiments, architecture, and much more.
● Team-building and independent critical thinking skills are infused within activities, and weekly field experiences bring learning to life outside the classrooms.
● Literacy rotations center on the themes as well and engage community partners as guest readers.
● Students often walk to local playgrounds and parks or utilize the St. Mark green space for daily physical literacy.
● Each week, students take home a book to build their personal library
● Morning and afternoon options: Full day options for grades 1-5
How to Register
To register you will be required to pay a non-refundable registration fee of $25 per family. This is different than the tuition fee, up to $250 for the 7 week program, which is income based. All families must pay the non-refundable registration fee when they complete their registration form.
After the registration fee is received and the on-line form is completed, you will be contacted by the St. Mark staff regarding the status of your application. Although you may be approved for registration, a mandatory parent information session is still required before your child can begin attending program.
Dubuque questions: Please contact Melanie Seier at 563-582-6211 ext 103 or [email protected]
Dyersville questions: Please contact Amy McDonough at 563-582-6211 ext 108 or [email protected]
Thank you to our many supporters including the Dept. of Education, Downtown Neighborhood Association, American Trust, DuTrac Community Credit Union, Wahlert Foundation, Prudential, Masonic Temple, Community Foundation of Greater Dubuque and so many more! Also thank you to all of our enrichment providers, volunteers and guest readers!